Women's athletic apparel is not just for the gym anymore. Now many of the styles available for workout wear not only make you look good while you exercise but are also hip enough to wear for every day, too. With such a large demand for the sophisticated and yet comfortable range of options available, it is no wonder that today the women's athletic apparel industry has become a booming business. If you are in the market for women's athletic clothes, shop around before you buy and keep the following tips in mind:
1. Look for fabrics that keep moisture away from the body.
2. Try on form-fitting styles that hug your curves but are stretchy enough to move with you.
3. Comfort matters when it comes to working out so make sure whatever you pick will be functional for your exercise routine.
4. Make sure that the clothing doesn't chafe your skin.
5. See what's available through some of the most popular brands like Nike and Reebok or browse the selection at a sporting goods superstore.
6. Check out smaller lines as well to compare styles and prices.
7. Understand that some of the higher quality lines cost more but their merchandise will also last for a long time.
8. Visit a small sporting goods store for personalized service to help you find the right workout wear for your favorite activities. Let the salespeople help you find the styles and fit that will be appropriate for you.
9. You can also order some athletic clothing brand catalogues or shop online, so you can review your choices from the comfort of your own home.
10. Buy styles that work with your body type. If you are bottom-heavy, try some less fitted pants or looser shorts. For very fit bodies, don't be afraid to try more form-fitting options.
11. Consider easy-to-wear yoga clothing, such as drawstring pants and capris that pair well with a comfortable T-shirt. Add a fitted cardigan that you can throw on when your workout ends.
12. Make sure to have several track suits on hand that can adapt to any exercise routine and also double for everyday wear.
13. Select workout clothing that looks as good as it feels.
14. Don't limit your wearing time to your workout. Feel free to keep the clothes on to stop at the grocery store or to meet friends for lunch.