Monday, September 3, 2007

4 Tips on Buying Casual Clothing

Oh, we all know women love nothing more than a sale or a bargain, don’t we? And casual clothing for women is always on sale – if one store isn’t on sale, the other one probably is! So, in terms of casual clothing for women, there are absolutely no problems in finding sales.

Here are some quick tips to help you pick and choose casual clothing for women during sales and closeouts:-

Examine the casual clothing before you buy

Before you pick it up, remember, the casual clothing that you’re looking at has been probably tested a few hundred times before this. So, a little bit of wear and tear on the casual clothing is to be expected. If they’re not worn out or at least a little bit stretched, the casual clothing store probably won’t be putting it up for sale, don’t you think?

Check the seams and edges to see if they are OK. And if you want value for money, check for holes and detached labels and discoloration too. Yeah, we know, it’s on sale and we shouldn't expect TOP QUALITY casual clothing for that kind of pricing, but STILL, you want value attached to the casual clothing. You’re still PAYING for it, not getting it for free, surely.

Testing the casual clothing out before you take it to the cashier

I know, this sounds so logical and yet so important. Never buy casual clothing or any other types of clothing without testing them out first. The sizing and cutting is very, very important. What looks good on the shelves or mannequin may not look as good on you. The shape and size of your body is very different from the mannequin, so, take it to the fitting room and try the casual clothing out for shape and size. If you have fussy kids with you, come back another day (maybe tomorrow) for it. A time when you can test the casual clothing out.

Is the casual clothing REALLY on sale?

I don’t know about you, but I think this is when window shopping actually makes sense. Let’s say if I see a casual clothing that I like, I’ll go in and take a look and note the pricing. When they hold a sale or discount, I’ll know if they’re cheating or not. Some casual clothing stores DO actually cheat and they say their normal pricing is $49 when it’s only $35. I know, I know. it sounds petty and calculative, but hey, you want to get value casual clothing or what? I don’t know about you, but I don’t want to be one of those easily excitable casual clothing enthusiast (erm…which, I think I am).

Check out other casual clothing stores before you decide

This lesson, I learnt one time when I bought a fabulous and chic looking casual clothing blouse to the counter, paid for it, and walked out to see a similar casual clothing on sale in the store opposite the store I bought it from! Boy, was I fuming. So, what I do now is to note the casual clothing that I like and the store, look around other casual clothing store and then if I can’t find something similar for a cheaper price or something better, I’ll go back to the casual clothing store and GRAB IT!!

Marsha Maung is a freelance graphic designer and copy writer who works from her home in Selangor, Malaysia. She loves nothing more than blowing bubbles in the park with her 2 kids, Joshua and Jared. She designs apparel and premium items at http://www.allmomstuff.com and is the author of "Raising little magicians", and the popular "The Lance in freelancing". More information can be found at http://www.marshamaung.com


Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Marsha_Maung