Thursday, August 23, 2007

Archery Women

When I think of women and archery and all they have done for the sport, I cannot think of a better person who has put so much time and effort in to it other than my Mother, Beulah. Mom and Dad had devoted most of their idle time to the sport during the 60’s, 70’s and early 80’s before my Dad fell sick to Parkinson’s disease. Of course Mom was devoted to my Dad and took care of him for ten hard years, till he passed on in 1990. Ever since the time of his illness, Mom has drifted away from the sport of archery, up until now. Mom is now helping me dedicate this website to Dad. Her input has been a tremendous amount of help. The articles and pictures she has saved from their past has triggered the thought in her mind once again and now she can’t help me enough.

Her archery lessons that she once taught as a young lady are now being taught to her Great Grandchildren. Her bowhunting experiences also come in very handy when teaching the true sportsmanship of hunting and shooting. Even today at 70 years of age, she can still pull her compound bow back like she was 30 years old. I really believe archery has kept her young and in good shape, and her mind as sharp as a tack.

What I am trying to say in this article is women who wish to become a master of archery can do so with a little hard work and practice. This is not just a man’s sport. It’s becoming one of the fastest growing sports for women. With their participation, families and couples just bond closer together than ever. I realize women are very busy today, but sometimes they may have a little extra time to help teach their own children the proper safety and the fun of the sport. Mom used to give archery lessons during church camp to grown ups and children. Any person can do this with just a few safety course lessons and the desire to do so. So why not give it a try?

Bowhunting, on the other hand can be a big challenge for a woman. But with a little help from a partner or a friend, it can be very rewarding. Mom had shot over twenty deer while hunting with Dad and the stories she has to tell are all exciting. There was one thing Mom refused to do and that was gut the deer. That was always a standing agreement. I cannot remember Mom and Dad being any happier than when they were on a hunting trip. They enjoyed each other very much!

Women’s archery equipment is much like men’s. Cheap is not always good and good is not always cheap. Make sure your bow fits you properly and arrows fit your bow and draw length. Making your own arrows can also be a lot of fun. I will be explaining how to do this at a later date. I understand when trying to purchase your bowhunting apparel it can be difficult at times. I will be getting to that problem later, too.

Remember the sport of Archery and Women go hand and hand with great family and friends’ fun and bonding. Stay Safe and don’t be afraid to ask for help!

My name is Ted Lake and I'm building a website in memory of my dad Deuaine Lake. This site is all about Archery and Archery Hunting. My dad started me when I was 5 years old (1956) and I've continued to teach both my boys the same respect for the sport of archery. Please feel welcome to visit my free website at http://www.complete-archery-information.com


Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Ted_Lake